Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

Not Too Polished Review

Hello all! First things first, Irina from Gilded Feathers guessed it right, the polish was Winterfell from Not Too Polished! So Irina, if you see this, email me at sarahsnailblog@gmail.com please:]

Onto the review! There's a lot of pictures in this post, but seriously, you need to see them. Before I start, I need to say that all of these has an amazing formula. All were 2 coats with the exception of Tonks, which was a 3 coater] and Wolfsbane [a glitter topcoat]. My jaw dropped multiple times when swatching these. I kept being impressed over and over again with every nail I painted. Really great formula and the colors were also just great. There were some in here that I took a chance on liking, and I am SO glad I did. I love all of these, they literally are all a hit. And




So, while there's a lot of versions of red-glitter-in-black-base polishes, I'm a big fan of this for a lot of reasons. First, you get a LOT of glitter. Clearly a big fan of that! And second, this is completely opaque in 2 coats. So it wins in my book :]



!!This polish is named after the House Stark in the Song of Ice and Fire series/Game of Thrones show. And really, look how perfectly this captures the winter-y feel! I can't stop staring at the layers of glitter in this, those white glitters looks just like snow falling. And the shimmer looks just like frost. It's just so.. wow.



Red and gold makes one of my favorite combinations. And this is really well done! The red is a little more raspberry than straight red and the glitter is so reflective and really holo-y in person. Also, Harry Potter. I had to get it. I want a Ron and a Harry inspired polish!!



This is the only non-glitter I got this time. It's a great blue [with some grey thrown in] jelly-creme. And SO shiny. The formula was so even and went on really smoothly. I love the colors in this collection, I had such a hard time choosing one. I'll definitely need to pick up Dessicate, Flesh, Bone, and Blood soon.



Black and gold also holds a place in my heart. And look at this! It's just so shiny IRL, I died. The glitter is really similar to the glitter in Granger, really holo and reflective. Another win!



!!!
New favorite grey. I love love love the glitter in this base color, it is amazing. And perfect in 2 coats, which is really great for a light polish like this. This is probably my favorite out of the bunch, which was such a hard decision to make. Also, I really love Alice in Wonderland. I wrote my senior paper about it in high school!



Okay, so bubblegum pink is not usually my thing. BUT... I love this one too. The shade of pink just makes me happy and the contrasting color of the glitter really just works so well. And I'm a fan of the shimmer in here, it's really pretty.



The shimmer in this is so complex and gorgeous. Just look at how many colors there are in there! This was the only one of these that needed more than 2 coats, I have 3 coats on here. I want to try this over a light yellow creme and see if I can preserve the polish that way.



This is over a really pale pink and I love the combination of colors here. Eee, look at how great those colors look together. The white and yellow and brown really work and feel so fall-y. I feel like any more gushing would just be redundant, so I'll stop here :]


Can you tell how much I love these? I am so happy with these choices and the polishes are really stunning. I was so excited putting these on and I truly loved wearing them. If you haven't gone over to Not Too Polished's Etsy, you NEED to. I really think this is one of my favorite Etsy shops.

*Some of these polishes shown were provided to me for my fair, honest, and unbiased review*

9 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love Tonks and Winterfell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swatches are really great, and I love both the colors and the names. Also, I am very happy I got the polish right, and sent you an email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Winterfell and White Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liquefy is pretty amazing, but so many of the other are also! Winterfell is dead on named perfectly!

    ReplyDelete